Sunday, September 30, 2007

Gary Garage



This is a concept that just kind of hit me today. Then I banged this drawing out. Meet Gary Garage, a grunge rocker in his own right. Fussing around with a cartoon concept called "Gary Garage and the Oil Stains" starring an average garage band and all the adventures they could possibly get into. Still pretty foggy on details and have to make sure it doesn't mimic work-for-hire projects I've worked on in the past. We'll see where it goes. For now, here's the preliminary Gary.

--B

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the band's logo on his tee shirt!

Brendan Tobin said...

Thanks Cara! I like how the logo pops on the illo, as well.

--B

GOGOPEDRO said...

GOOD STUFF MAN.

I like the mouth on him....Very Flash inspired...
I have to ask again....DO YOU EVER WORK?

P

Brendan Tobin said...

Pedro-

Not for long. Then, you will see more bloggery.

--B

James said...

that has a great old school Hanna-Barbera feel to it...

Brendan Tobin said...

James-

Thanks duder. I have been watching a lot of Boomerang lately.

--B

Mary Varn said...

Nice! I want to see more of Gary and his bandmates. And you're safe from those old projects - just avoid time travel and Pamela Anderson.

Brendan Tobin said...

Mary-

Geez! The Pamela Anderson stirrup scene! The horror! The Horror! Come back soon to catch the rest of the band.

--B

Frank said...

where's byron maiden and wyatt riot at? hah

i dig it man. as usual good stuff on the ol' blog.

Brendan Tobin said...

Frank-

You didn't hear? Byron, Wyatt, and the rest of the band were killed by a guy wearing a suit at Viacom (specifically MTV). Oh well, another failed project I had a hand in. I'm studio poison, I guess. Thanks for digging, I'm liking the owls of your recent post.

--B