Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Drunken Boy Dingus



Drunken Boy Dingus was first created in 2000-2001 as a quick doodle one night when I was spending a lot of time on the LES at some buddies' place on Henry Street. We were all very creative back in those days and produced a lot of work. This particular character in doodle form spent some idle time collecting dust on top of my fridge in Brooklyn until one day I saw potential in the character. I started working out drawings of the little dude, did some flash stuff with him, and even started www.drunkenboydingus.com (which is currently defunct). This particular piece was part of a show I had in 2002 here in Brooklyn and it hurts to look at it now. This was the title piece of the Dingus part of the show and it has some bad photoshop "dodge and burn" which I relied too heavily on back in the day. Well, it's history and this week I'll be posting some old Drunken Boy Dingus pics. Sit back, have a beer, then another, then another, and enjoy.

--B

5 comments:

robert james miller said...

one day we'll treasure hut through the piles of copy paper

robert james miller said...

n

Brendan Tobin said...

J-Bird-

Nice correction. Yeah, I'm sure there's some gold in those hills. I still have piles of papers and stickers here to go through.

--B

Andy J Smith illustration said...

That's a lot of dingus!

Brendan Tobin said...

Andy-

You can never have too much Dingus. Hope to find some Flash stuff featuring the little drunk.

--B